Dr. Kristopher Rappold loves serving the New Orleans community and appreciates the honor to be given the opportunity to help individuals with their dental needs.
He was born in Metairie, Louisiana and raised in Kenner. He attended Archbishop Rummel High School, where he played football and baseball.
Dr. Rappold has a Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from Louisiana State University and a Doctorate of Dental Surgery from Louisiana State University School of Dentistry.
Notable accomplishments and associations:
- American Dental Association
- Louisiana Dental Association
- President Elect of the New Orleans Dental Association
- International Dental Implant Association and has been awarded Diplomate status
- Academy of General Dentistry and received the prestigious Fellowship Award in 2014
- Vice president of the Louisiana Academy of General Dentistry
- Academy for Sports Dentistry Board Member and Chairman of Membership.
- United States Olympic Committee Volunteer Dentist
- Pankey Institute Alumni Member
- Member of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Team Dentist for Northwestern State University Football, Archbishop Rummel High School Football, and Holy Cross High School Football and Basketball.
- Dr. Rappold’s involvement in sports dentistry began in 2011 with fabricating custom mouthguards for the Northwestern State University football team in Natchitoches, Louisiana where he continues to serve today. His interest in mouthguards led him to founding, RappGuard, a company devoted to custom sports mouthguard fabrication for athletes of all sports.
- Dr. Rappold was a speaker at the 2015 New Orleans Dental Conference and Louisiana Dental Association Annual Session conducting a course on custom fabrication of athletic mouthguards.
- Dr. Rappold is also a member of the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation and National Football Foundation.
- Dr. Rappold has traveled to the Dominican Republic twice to serve the local community with dental implants.
- In his time outside of the office, he is an avid triathlete and participates in running events throughout the year (often dressed as the ADG tooth).
- He can be often found at nearby Audubon Park training or walking his four pugs.